If you’ve been considering selling your home soon, the COVID-19 crisis may have you re-thinking your plans. Before you change your mind, you should know that the demand for houses remains strong. This means that you will most likely be able to sell your home, but you may need to take some extra steps to stay safe and competitive. Glacier Montana Living offers a careful approach.
First, Deep Clean
Buyers tend to be wowed by clean homes and distracted by messy ones, so make sure that yours makes the right first impression.
- Your home should be spotless for showings and real estate photos.
- You can DIY a deep cleaning if you want to save some money.
- Once your home is tidy, keeping it that way should take minimal effort, even with kids.
Then, Stage Inside & Outside
Catching the eye of buyers can require a few key staging strategies.
- The purpose of staging is to help the buyer imagine themselves living in your home.
- Use a sellers checklist if you plan on staging your home on your own.
- Check out local listings through Glacier Montana Living to see how other homeowners have tackled the staging process.
Next, Show Off Your Home
With enough cleaning and staging, you will have buyers asking to see your home. This can be a bit tricky with COVID-19 concerns in the picture.
- You can use sanitizing wipes to clean surfaces after in-person visits and tours.
- If you intend to include any major appliances in your home sale, make sure they are in good working order. If not, find a reliable, well-reviewed appliance repair company to fix that broken stove or faulty washing machine before showing the property.
Finally, Sell Your Home
All of the resources above can help you stage and show your home but selling it can involve a few additional steps.
- Review what to expect when selling your home.
- Home inspectors should be following COVID-19 guidelines.
- Keep close track of all files and paperwork. You can stay more organized with your downloads when you compress PDF files into one.
- If no issues come up on the inspection and you want to move forward, you can use online tools to complete a contact-free closing.
Homes are still in demand across the country, and buyers are still out shopping. Reach out to a local real estate professional to get even more advice about selling your home this year.
Thanks for Stopping By! Be sure to subscribe for more great real estate tips!
P.S. Check out another great article by Kris Louis- A Busy Parents Guide to Getting a Home Ready for Sale! Read it Now!